July 12, 2012
Homes for Wounded Heros
Military Warriors Support Foundation awards mortgage-free homes to warriors injured during combat. The homes are for families who have severe and/or unique circumstances due to their injuries received while serving our country. In addition to the home, the families will receive 3 years of family and financial mentoring.
Homes 4 Wounded Heroes
Who Can Apply:
1. Must be a combat wounded veteran (PTSD included) or unmarried Gold Star Spouse of OEF/OIF.
2. Must be honorably retired or separated from the military. (Those with compelling situations, whom are less than 90 days from retirement or separation may be considered)
3. Must not currently have a mortgage.
How To Apply:
1. Review Available Homes at the link above that are currently open to applications. Click on the picture of the home to see more photos and details about the home.
2. If you are interested in applying for the home, click “Apply Now” to download the application and for directions on how to submit your application. Applications MUST be submitted in either Microsoft Word or PDF formats. (Word format preferred) If you have filled out an application for a previous home, be sure to download the most current application to verify that you have the most updated version.
3. Home recipient is typically selected within 3-4 weeks of closing date.
If there are not currently have homes available in your area, please fill out one of our Open Applications! This allows you the option to tell us specifically where you'd like a home.
Please check back regularly as new homes will be posted as they become available. Each home will be open to applications for 10 days*, starting from the initial posting date. Once the final closing date has been reached, the MWSF Review Board will review all applications. Once the Review Board makes their final decision, the wounded warrior will be contacted and an announcement will be posted on the website. Thank you for applying and for your service to our country!