May 24, 2011

Veteran Unemployment, War Stigma and Employers Misunderstanding of the Modern Warrior

Veteran unemployment has reached critical mass. The stigma of the "Psychologically Wounded" veteran may be impacting employers decisions in hiring them. According to Call of Duty's Endowment (C.O.D.E.) website, veteran unemployment has reached 21.9%. This is totally unacceptable and it may be linked to the stigma attached to the Modern Combat Veteran. PTSD and TBI rates have rocketed to 30% in ten years, quicker than any war previously.

Can we infer a connection? You tell me.




I want to highlight Call of Duty's Endowment (C.O.D.E.) statistics. I researched their research as you readers knew I would. I'm so paranoid (smiling like crazy). I validated C.O.D.E.'s research and have worked with some of the organizations awarded grants, additionally I am familiar with most of the NGO's and GO's listed on their website.

Their informative website provokes an awaking of the American Public towards advancing the cause of the disenfranchised veteran.

video from http://www.callofdutyendowment.org/newsroom/media-kit/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, stories and information. Thank you. ~ Scott Lee