May 21, 2010

Resource Seal of Approval: Real Warriors




Real Warriors Need Real Advice, now.


If your veteran is "out in the field" and lost within Combat PTSD then they will need no nonsense advice and access to resources for them and their families.
  • I just had a conversation through an online help service to assist our soldiers and veterans within their community. Roman General (RG) is a pseudonym for a "Roman General with PTSD" kind of slant when I use sometimes when moving blindedly in writing...
  • I gave'em hell and put it all out there, doesn't matter if you are Active Duty, National Guard, in the Reserves or a Veteran of any war!
  • They have someone to help you and your family!
  • This website is top notch, it gets my PASP(1) Resource Seal of Approval! ~~Scott A. Lee
  • This is http://www.realwarriors.net/, someone will be right with you. Hello, this is someone;
The conversation between I and 'Someone' within the resource Real Warriors,
Someone:
Good Evening Roman, how may I help you?

Roman General:
Well as can be generally, except lately

Someone:
Why is that?

Roman General:
Was just looking around here and saw your chat feature. could you tell me more about your program?
Click here if you want to read the whole conversation...


Someone:
We are here to assist those affected with any psychological health or traumatic brain injury resulting from their service to our country, even if you are a family member or friend of a service member.

Roman General:
Cool, I was asked to check it out. I run a blog about Combat PTSD and will be running an article about my experience here.

Someone:
What questions, specifically, can I answer for you?

Roman General:
I have Combat PTSD and definitely knows people, family, friends have been affected. Where do I turn when I have no where else to go?

Someone:
Where were you treated?

Roman General:
I have never been treated, I have been given medications that have drained my body to the point of numbness. I stopped taking half of them and started feeling alive again.

Roman General:
I have been treated for combat PTSD at DuPont Center Louisville KY

Someone:
Proper diagnosis is always the key to any treatment. Have you been to a VA Center or Military Treatment Facility to be examined?

Roman General:
VA service-connected PTSD 30%, but feels like that 50% I read about

Someone:
Unfortunately, you would have to be re-evaluated by a VA Center to increase the disability percentage. What dates did you serve in the military? Were you in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Roman General:
Ah ha, there you go. I am a Desert Storm Veteran, 89-91'

Roman General:
Just was increased to 30% from 0% in two years. 18 years after the war.

Someone:
Well, we appreciate your service regardless what conflict you served in.

Someone:
In the past 20 years, research and education has increased exponentially in the psychological realms and on traumatic brain injury.

Roman General:
Yes you are correct, what I mean to say is that I lack these resources in my community.

Someone:
Did the VA provide you with a multi-disciplinary approach with counseling, support groups as well as the prescription medicine?

Someone :
I am sorry you lack the resources in your community. I can help you with finding alternate resources, such as support groups or veteran organizations that are willing to assist with transportation if needed.

Roman General:
Yes, but after 2 years have not reached actual talk therapy about directly combat related incidents of which 7 reside officially.

Roman General:
I live in Louisville, Ky
someone:Would you like assistance in resources, support groups, veteran service organizations in your area?

Roman General: Do I have your permission to post an article? Which may actually influence some actions I may take.

Roman General:
Yes that would be well

Someone:
Where would you post the article? I can not give you permission to post articles on the Real Warriors or the afterdeployment.org web sites, they are government sanctioned.

Roman General:
No, just a conversation between someone who needs help and a frontline worker in the oncoming PTSD tidal wave.

Someone:
What services would you like information on? My understanding is that you would like to increase your disability rating with the VA, but lack the services in the area and have not had the opportunity for counseling as of yet. May I gather information on transportation for veterans, support groups and counseling in Louisville, KY?

Roman General:
How about reintegration 20 years after the fact?

Roman General:
I have a car

Roman General:
Are we on the same page here?

Someone:
Yes, reintegration as well as recovery. They have a synergistic relationship

Someone:
I apologize if I have misunderstood.

Roman General:
Are there services for a Gulf War I Veteran that may have inpatient treatment? 3 months..?

Roman General:
Near me?

Jennifer:
I can certainly research that request. PTSD usually doesn't require inpatient treatment, especially for three months without other diagnoses affecting the individual. Is there any other reason or concern for the inpatient request?

Roman General:
Really? 100 hours of sustained combat after driving for three day without sleep for 7 days.

Roman General:
I just want to say that I think this may be a valuable service to veterans and had to come at you like a veteran needing your services.

Someone:
I can only relay standard procedures in the medical community for PTSD. You are correct, I can not comment or diagnose as I am not your physician or clinician to make such assessments. However, I encourage you to seek treatment and allow the clinician to make that judgment.

Someone:
Oh well, we feel this is a valuable service to veterans also. Thank you for your test and I am glad that you were able to ask your questions. Do you have any more that I can answer?

Roman General:
No thank you, you answered very well. Thank you for your service.

Someone:
Thank you, have a great evening. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you or anyone you know needs our services.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, stories and information. Thank you. ~ Scott Lee